Why Do You Need Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a completely free web analytics tool provided by Google that helps you measure your website traffic and gather vital information about your website visitors. This tool can give you the answers to all of the aforementioned questions and, thus, enable you to see how your website is actually performing.
When you know what works and what doesn’t work, you will know exactly what steps you need to take in order to optimize your website and every piece of content you provide on it with the goal of engaging your visitors and providing them with the information they need.
How to Set up Your Google Analytics Account
- Click here to go to Google Analytics.
Note: If you have a Google account, and are not signed in, click Sign in. If you do not have a Google account, click Create an account.
- Once you have signed in to your Google account, click Access Google Analytics.
- Click Sign up.
- Fill in your Account Name, Website Name, Website URL, and select an Industry Category and Reporting Time Zone.
- Under Data Sharing Options, check the boxes next to the options that you want.
- Click Get Tracking ID.
- From the Google Analytics Terms of Service Agreement that opens, click I Accept.
- Add the Tracking ID to you site.
Set up Google Analytics on your website
A <script> tracking code is required to track your website. The tracking code must be on every page you wish to track. There are a few ways to do this:
• paste and Copy the code directly into your website template.
• Create a “analyticstracking.php” file with the code and add <?php include_once(“analyticstracking.php”) ?> after your template’s <body> tag.
• Check your web host, website builder or blog platform for Google Analytics integration. For instance, there are several plug-ins on WordPress that will automatically add the tracking code to every page. Some website builders have a specific page or field where you simply enter your tracking ID. Others — such as Blogger and Squarespace — require only your Google Analytics web property ID or account number, a string of numbers prefixed with the letters UA that identify your website.
How Can Google Analytics Help My SEO?
Google Analytics provides access to a massive amount of data related to how users find and interact with your site.
For example, you can see how many people visited a specific page, how long they remained there, where your users live, how certain keywords perform, and so forth.
This information is vital in determining how effective your awesome SEO strategies are – and to uncover areas you can make improvements.
What You’ll Learn About Google Analytics
Now that you know why Google Analytics is essential to SEO, let’s talk about what you will learn in this guide.
Read also:5 Best Google Analytics Dashboards